East Downtown Council Membership
To renew your membership or become a member, please fill out our membership form.
Connection and Collaboration
We bring business and civic leaders together to catalyze economic opportunities that benefit everyone.
Advocacy and Resourcing
We advocate on your behalf with the City of MInneapolis, Downtown East and Elliot Park neighborhoods (The DEEP District) to facilitate business grants and strategic 21st century urban development.
Leadership and Voice
We integrate the thinking and leadership expertise of our small, medium and large organizations into a cohesive representation of our collective economic growth goals.
Benefits of Membership
- Official representation for DEEP businesses
- District access to civic leaders
- Enhanced business visibility via logo link on website and directory listing
- Educational presentations at members’ locations
- Influential representation on area development plans and initiatives
- Economic development support via collaboration with area neighborhood associations
- Wide reaching networking opportunities
- Eligible for EDC administered business grants
- Eligible to serve on the EDC Board of Directors
- Scheduled Member Meetings are 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM on the fourth Thursday of each month September through June.
Cost of Membership
Restaurant Owner ($50)
Offered to local restaurants to increase their visibility and to recognize their role in creating a vibrant neighborhood for residents, visitors, and other businesses
Home-based Business ($75)
Offered to the entrepreneurs who live and work from their homes in our community
Supporters value the networking opportunities and recognition received through membership benefits
Sponsors give added support for ongoing membership benefits such as database development, website, administrative services
Seek to enhance development goals and promote a safe and productive environment for our business community